Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It Has Bee A While!

Hey! I am so sorry that I have been SO BUSY! That I have not had time to Blog! But I am, back! Where should I start? I will tell you a little about the Youth Expo that my mom's foundation had. It was a great event. There were lots of people from the entertainment industry who were able to share the job skills with the youth of the community. One guy even agreed to come back and screen his film with the youth. I was also able to get lots of people within in the community and out to donate items. Publix even donated items for our breakfast and some of the prizes. I will post photos up a little later.

House Sitter Wanted!
Since the break in at my mom’s house I have decided to get an house sitter. What a task. I did not know that I had to do back ground checks, talk to references, and after all that; try to find someone that I can trust to watch the house. What an experience. I thought that I had a young lady who seemed to be so interested because she kept tracking me down, but the day before we were to meet, she decided to keep her job in Washington, DC. So much for that! I have had several friends who wanted to do it, but I don’t know if I want to be in the way of screwing up a friendship because a person does not know how to watch your house. So at the last minute I went with my friend’s neice, but I am not sure how long that is going to be because she is charging me to do it! Can you believe that? It is not that I don’t want to pay, her because I really need her, but I am not sure if I can pay her for an entire year! With the high prices of gas, no one is sure of anything! I notice that a lot of people house sit, and they pay all of your utilities bills, but at this time I could not be choosey, I hope that I am able to find someone who wants to do it the whole entire year. While I was home I did a DVD to show people what the house looks like, so I hope that I can get a lot of responses. I wonder if other people ever have to make the decision of selling their parent’s home, especially if they are an only child???????? Somedays I just want to be over the house, and other days I just want to keep it, WHAT A HARD DECISION TO MAKE! This week I am thinking about renting it out, but I don’t feel like taking out the furniture…..DECISIONS, DECISIONS!

No comments: