Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review of The Film Dope!

Wow!
I can’t believe it has been an entire year since I got on this blog.  Lot’s of things have been happening. I ran a book club and a school workshop on Filmmaking and I also had ran a kid’s filmmaking camp for two weeks this summer for inner-city youth, so my plate has been full. I am going to do my best to try and Blog at least once –a-week, but we will see how that goes…..So this weekend I finally saw the film, “Dope,” after trying to get tickets to see it while I was at Sundance.  I have to say that the film, was “Dope…”lol……Dope is what the Breakfast Club was for the 80’s.  African-American teen nerd/punk trying to make it to the next level living in Inglewood. The film kinda reminded me of The Wood, but with a John Hughes twist. 


This movie was funny, creative, and had a great cast. The story was very well developed, and had a message about discrimination and stereotyping. The film was very raw and honest.  This is a movie that definitely should be a Blue-Ray purchase for your home use..

No comments: