Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What My Lapband Taught Me This Year


It has been a long time since I posted on my blog because of work and life I am so behind; but today I took time out to think about what I have really learned with my Lapband. I have learned that I am an emotional eater. Whenever I get stress out I eat, and whenever I am calm, I don’t eat as much. I am learning to look for the signs that my tummy tells me when it is full, and I try not to ignore them. I am also understanding that me and bread are totally over; we just can’t be together. Knowing and understanding my body will help me to set goals for 2010, that I need to accomplish, instead of trying to use a lot of weight at one time, I will set monthly goals; and try to maintain them. I will also start to use my WII more and maybe buy the dance workout game. The WII Fitness Coach has been great but again I need to make monthly and weekly goals to use with my workout. Also I am learning that I need to make sure that I keep a food journal and try to eat more at home and not out. Last week, every meal that I had was at a restaurant, which is not cool. If I am going to try and change my weight than I have to really focus and get dedicated to do it.

No comments: